Dollar Store Decor – Romantic Wall Art!

Here it is – my 4th and final Dollar Store Decor post! I really like this one, hope you feel the same!

(Because you know we bloggers are needy like that!)

Or maybe that’s just me..

I am getting ready to enter Living With Lindsay’s Dollar Store Challenge

The challenge is to make some kind of decor with only $5 worth

of items from the Dollar Store. Click on her button on my sidebar for more info.

And once again – I would ask if you are also entering the challenge please

don’t use my ideas :) Now on to the project!

I started out with these tin “silver” platters – they came in some

different shapes. I am showing a round one, which I didn’t use.

Because as usual, I was too impatient to get started to remember to take the before pics!

Pretty classy huh?

I already had some Heirloom White spray paint, which as we know

makes everything more beautiful. Hmmmm… if I sprayed it on my face..

I painted 3 of the platters the Heirloom White. At this point I still wasn’t

sure what I was going to do with the platters. I thought I might just hang them on the wall

as is, but it seemed a little plain. Something else was needed… So I headed back

to the Dollar Store,and  found these vinyl wall stickies  –

And the wheels began to turn in my head…

As you can see – once again impatient! I had it cut out and ready to go

when I remembered I needed to take a picture!

So I put one on each of the platters –

Here they are laid out on my bed -and I am loving them!! Ok – they

aren’t exactly high quality amazing pieces of art – but for a total of

$4 they are nothing to sneeze at!! At least that’s my opinion, and I do alot of sneezing..

I put some of that spongy sticky tape on the back of each one –

the unpainted back, as you can see..

Then put them on the wall in our Master bedroom

– I had a little scroll thing I put at the top.

So what do you think?? I love them! I think they are cute in a cozy cottage kind of way!

Here are links to my 3 other Dollar Store project – if you want to take a look –

Kids Name Plate

Amazing Wall Art

Cake Stand

Visit thecsiproject.com

1. gail

wow! I love that! You have done really great with all of these $5.00 projects. I wandered and wandered around the store and couldn’t come up with anything. Can you please let me know myrepurposedlife@gmail.com where you are finding these decals? I would greatly appreciate it. Our dollar trees don’t have them. So many people reference dollar store, but there are so many of them. Thanks so much!
    have a great weekend!
    gail

2. Bonnie

That’s great, especially for $4!! I wish our Dollar Tree had some of the great stuff you ladies are finding. Good job!

3. Jessy

Love it! I think this is my favorite of the 4 =)

4. Jessi @ Yankee Belle Home

Wow! I can’t believe you got such a gorgeous wall arrangement out of $4. I was actually at the Dollar Store today and saw those trays and thought to myself, “there has to be something I could do with those.” :)

5. Heather

Very cute, what a great display that makes! I took one of those trays from the Dollar Tree and made something as well, check it out and let me know what you think:)

6. Melissa

very cute! I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet or not but the comments are always on the bottom of the post when I come here.

7. Jane

I painted some plastic trays for over our bed. We live in earthquake territory so it was not only thrifty, but for safetys sake too. I wish I had thought of adding words. So pretty!

8. Jerri

Another excellent project! Love this!

Coming by to let you know that I’m featuring your cake stand this week for Friday Favorites. Come by and get a Featured button if you like.

9. Kim L.

wow…these look awesome! I can’t believe that’s a dollar store diy! yeah you! xo

10. Nita Stacy

Oh how beautiful. I love how these turned out. Too pretty.

11. Cindy Conner

Girl you outdone yourself again!

12. Nishi

They look great!! I love the scroly thing on top of 3 trays. The trays look so dreamy and romantic :) fab work!!!

13. anne marie

so great! you find those platters at the dollar store all the time……….way to recycle!

14. Hootin' Anni

…and they look perfect against the wonderful taupe wall color!!

My show n tell is HERE. I do hope you can find time to stop by and visit me. I’d love your company.

Have a super weekend.

15. Nori Coleman

Very creative, I might try it!

16. Susan

Great idea. It would be fun to do for parties too.

Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

17. Sandi

Wow! I love the look of the platters! I love anything white and I love the scrolly-type lettering too. Great job for a few dollars! Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
    Sandi

18. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions

I like them! I just bought some of those trays too {two oval and a round} but I’m thinking of chalkboard paint on the centers. A bit hard to tape off the edges, so I’m still thinking that out.

19. Roseanna

Very clever, they are beautiful…don’t you just adore the new spray paints!

20. tanya@froufroubritches

Precious!!! I loved that you used 3 trays instead of having it on one.

21. Sandi

This is a fabulous idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

22. Ashley

Gorgeous!! I will definitely be checking the Dollar Stores around here to see if they have the platters and wall stickies. Thanks for this great idea!

23. Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh Make Something

absolutely Bee-You-Tee-Full! What a clever girl you are! I dropped in from “My Romantic Home” and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a moment. until later…

24. Nancy's Daily Dish

Ok, this is SO cute. What a great idea. I think they look fantastic…who wouldn’t want them? I want to make some now too!

25. Joni

Very cute and creative! Joni

26. Kim @ Cheap Chic Home

These are darling! My dollar store has neither the tins or the decals – boo hoo :(.

27. stefanie

oh, my goodness, they are gorgeous!!!!!

28. Pat

That turned out so wonderful.

I love the cost. Super cheap on the wallet— super classy on the wall!

29. MessyMissy

Very unique. What a great use of those plates…..I have some bowls along those lines that I could do something with…..

30. Wendy @ The Shabby Nest

Very clever! Thanks for linking!

31. Amy

What a great project. I might… borrow, but I promise I won’t enter it into her challenge! LOL
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Amy

32. vickie

what wonderful ideas!! I’ll be making a stop at our dollar store!

33. shirley

Great idea. I have some platters, some I found in our basement when we bought our house and one i picked up a garage sale for 25 cents. I have been throwing around some ideas of putting vinyl letters on them and I love what you did! Dollar stores are the best when you have an imagination! Great thinking!!

34. Beth

Love it! I am looking to do something like this in our bedroom above our headboard – thanks for sharing!

Beth

35. Shelle

That’s cute! I’ve been looking all over the world for heirloom white spray paint – it totally rocks your platters!

36. Sarah

Those are absolutely adorable. You totally rocked the $5 challenge! I loved how you hung them together with the wooden scroll. GORGEOUS!
    God’s blessings,
    Sarah 😀

37. Lisa

Terrific project. LOVE the way it turned out. Looks perfect in your room.

38. Wendy

Those are so cute! They look expensive and fancy! Great job.

39. Chari

Hello…

Welcome to Sunday Favorites, my friend! I am just tickled pink to have you join in with the fun and I’m also so pleased to meet you!

Well my dear, I just love your Dollar store challenge project! You know, our local Dollar Tree never got those silver platters in…and I was sooo hoping! I have seen that pretty vinyl wall sticker though! I just love the way that you put it all together…they make the prettiest wall art! And..what a great saying to use in your pretty bedroom! I love, love, LOVE IT!!! What a great idea…thank you for sharing it with us! Okay…now I’m off to check out your other Dollar store challenge projects!

Have a super Sunday and thanks again for joining in with Sunday Favorites…hope to see you again!

Chari @Happy To Design

Angie C Reply:

I believe you can look online and dollartree.com and order these things.

40. Rebekah @All Thingz Related

Wow! Looks great! I love it!

41. The Lumberjack's Wife

Comments are on bottom now.

Favorite idea of yours so far!!!!!

42. wanda lee

I am having just so much fun visiting all of my fellow particpants in Cheri’s, ‘Sunday Favorites’ meme! This is a brilliant idea! I absolutely love it!..,

Please do pop by for a visit my dear! Aalso, this Tuesday is my 23rd,’Tuesday Tea For Two’, meme at my blog.~ You are most warmly welcome to participate and/or to come by and visit for the occasion!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

43. Jerri

Still loving this project! Thank you for linking up at Friday Favorites!

44. googiemomma

WOW! Those came out REALLY nice! I think they would look adorable in a sweet baby girls’ room too! I keep gravitating to that sign every time I go to the Dollar Tree, but I just couldn’t think of anything creative to do with it (as IF I would just use it AS IS…pshaw…) Lovely idea!

45. Sarah

Those platters look so much better painted! Amazing idea!
    Sarah

46. Aimee

Beautiful! Very rich looking. How funny that we both used the same platter, and Heirloom White, and had such different projects. :)

47. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage

Those are awesome!! Great entry!!

48. jenjen

Those looks so good! I love that. Great job!

Thanks for linking up!

XOOX
    Jen

49. Molly Cash

Okay, that is TOO cute! You have to tell me…WHAT DOLLAR STORE ARE YOU SHOPPING AT….for real, Dollar General, Dollar Tree? Some obscure Dollar Store I have never heard of??? Please tell me the name!!

50. Jess @ Just a Blink

What a sweet message to see each night before bed!

51. Lynn

These are amazing!!! I’ve never seen the wall stickies at my Dollar store, but if I ever do I’m totally stealing this idea for my bedroom! Absolutely beautiful!

52. SusanI

I’m with Lynn…if I find these stickies at my Dollar store…yeah, it’s going in my room too…stunning!

53. Dreams and Decor

Very cool! I love it! You are so creative! Patti in Texas

54. Tiffany

Great project! I showcased you in my blog.

55. Creative2xmom

I love this. And goes so well with the room.

56. Heather - Dollar Store Crafts

Thanks for the link! I love those dollar store trays! You did a great job transforming them!

57. Tara Johnston

This is so creative. I don’t know what to say. LOL I love it. I am your newest follower. Who wouldn’t follow someone this creative. Loving your blog already.

Tara @ Trendy Treehouse

58. Sarah

I love it! And you got me laughing at the spray-paint-in-the-face part. :)

59. no deposit bingo

Interesting article i totally agree with the other comments. Keep writing

60. Bobbie Krohn

I totally love this idea. I actually painted a large silver tray from the thrift store white. I may incorperate some of your ideas for this. I have seen these lovely prints as well in my local dollar tree store. It is amazing what one can find to utilize tastefully and on the cheap. Who would have guessed?

61. bukmacher

You post great posts. Bookmarked !

62. The Answer Is Chocolate

Saw this over at the CSI challenge. I have picked up and put down these stickers several times convincing myself I didn’t need them but I was wrong! I need them! Lovely.

63. Kelsey @ Tattered and Inked

These turned out so pretty! I’m pretty sure we have the same comforter :) lol.

64. Cara

I love it! Sure dresses up the wall and looks like a lot more than a few bucks’ worth. Thanks for sharing!

65. Nikki

Holy crap-ola, I LOVE those!!!!!!!!!! I have the same stickers in my stash…now I know what to do with them! 😉

66. Pam @ Sallygoodin

I’m just now seeing this. What a wonderful redo! I’ll be showcasing this on my Sallygoodin blog with a few other frugal decor ideas. Thanks for sharing your brilliancy! :) Pam @ Sallygoodin

67. Judith

YES!!! do you know how many of those stinkin platters I have?? Awesome idea!!! thanks for the inspiration!

68. aimee

I’ve honestly stood in front of these decals at DT wondering what I could do with them – but never had a good idea!! I absolutely love what you did with them and I’m heading to DT for my own!! Thanks for inspiring me to give this a try! I’m now your newest follower, you have the best ideas!

Aimee @ Justkiddingaroundatlanta

69. June

Hi,,,nice post,,,came over today 3-8-2011 from Rhoda’s . I wanted to add that I used those same trays and sprayed them with chalk board paint,,,now each child has one and I have one w/double sided tape on my backsplash tile that says “Believe” . Thanks,,,Love your Blog!

70. Kathy :)

Adorable love it !!!

71. Alison

Over a year late, but better late than never. I have a few of these silver trays that I purchased from Dollar Tree a while ago just sitting in my china cabinet. I think this idea would work well for my dining room…a collection of different shapes hung together in some sort of arrangement. Thank you for sharing.

72. facebook ppc

This is a great tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Short but very precise info… Appreciate your sharing this one.

A must read post!