Bundt Of Sin…

July 19, 2010 18 Comments by Sharyl@Thelittlebrownhouse

Yes, that is what I am calling it – Bundt Of Sin..

I got this recipe from my good friend The Lumberjack’s Wife.

Who gives me a reason to get up every morning.. yes, her blog is that good. Read it..

She posted it the other day – but she calls it

Darn Good Chocolate Cake

She makes it for every family birthday – and she has lots of family.

It looked good enough that I decided to give it a try.

After I made it, I realized that it pretty much caused me to commit at least

one of the seven deadly sins. Gluttony. I may have commited more, I am just

not sure what the other 6 are.

So – as I hate to be alone in my suffering – I am going to offer this recipe to you-

with my friend The Lumberjack’s Wife permission of course.

Seriously – go read her blog. Umm… after you are done here of course.

Here are the ingredients – it is actually quite easy to produce all this decadence of bundt.

Notice how I am totally refraining from mentioning a certain big fat greek movie?

Anyway – you start out by spraying your bundt pan with cooking oil, then coat with flour.

Please don’t be jealous of my fancy, high quality, designer bundt pan,

I am pretty sure envy is one of the six…

Put the cake mix and pudding mix into a large bowl and …… mix.

Add 1/2 cup water

1/2 cup oil

And 1 cup sour cream

Beat ingredients together on low for about 1 minute

Then scrape bowl, and beat on high for about 3 minutes.

Now fold in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

And pour into bundt pan.

Then pop into the oven at 350 degree’s for 58-62 minutes.

“Thou shalt not lust..”

Now make some frosting while it awaits on its throne of bundt…

Put  in saucepan on the stove;

5 Tablespoons butter

1/2 cup whole milk (I used whipping cream as that was all I had!)

1 cup granulated sugar

Bring to a boil, then let boil for one minute

Remove from heat and add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

stir to melt

Then frost cake -

I let my frosting cool down a little bit because I didn’t want a big puddle at the bottom of the cake.

Because of that mine was a little gloppy.. is that a word?

I just kind of dropped it on top and let it run down the sides.

Turns out gloppy frosting gets eaten just as fast..

I decided to do a photo shoot by the window so my little bundt

could catch the afternoon light -

Then I sliced into the warm chocolaty goodness and put it on a plate -

It looked good, but a little lonely…

Then I remembered…

Mama’s Homemade Ice Cream

It added the perfect touch..

So – what do you think? Want to give it a try?

Ok – stop licking the computer screen – its embarrassing..

The Lumberjacks Wife’s Chocolate Bundt Cake

Here is the list of ingredients for the cake:

Vegetable oil spray for misting the pan

Flour for dusting the pan

1 pkg of devil’s food or dark chocolate fudge cake mix

1 pkg (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding mix

1 cup sour cream

1/2c water

1/2 vegetable oil

4 large eggs

1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Spray the Bundt pan with the oil spray, dust with flour, shake out excess.  Set aside.

2.  In a large mixing bowl, place the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, oil, and eggs.  BLend on low for 1 minute.  Stop and scrape the side.  Blend on medium speed for 2-3 more minutes.  The batter should look thick and well-combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour batter into prepare Bundt pan, smooth it out and put it in the oven.

3.  Bake cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and is just starting to pull away from the sides of the pan, 58-62 minutes.  Remove from oven and let it cool for 20 minutes.  Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely, 20 minutes more.

4.  Spread with chocolate icing.

Chocolate Icing:

1 cup granulated sugar

5 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup whole milk

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1.  Place sugar, butter, and milk in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat.  Stir until mixture comes to a boil, 3-4 minutes  Still stirring, let the mixture boil until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.  Remove from heat.

2.  Stir in chocolate chips and continue to stir until mixture is smooth and chocolate has melted.

3.  Spread icing over cake.

Visit thecsiproject.com

Blessed with Grace

The Girl Creative

All Thingz Related

Sumo Sweet Stuff

Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum

1. The Lumberjack's Wife

You are too funny and you put my photos to shame! Hope you liked it! :)

2. admin

Ummm, yes, I would say I liked it.. in fact my tummy is stuffed with it just now! And you, my dear, are the queen of funny so if you laugh at my posts I am seriously honored!!

3. Melinda

How did you know I was licking the screen?! :) Sounds heavenly – or maybe not if it’s sinful. Definitely lusting right now!

4. anne maskell

This cake looks fabulous! I’ll be making this soon! Thanks for sharing. I’m visiting with blessed with grace, I hope you stop by my ‘place’ too.

5. Ann

I can practically smell the chocolate! I have to admit your title cracked me up. It sounds like a cake themed romance novel, lol! So the next one could be “The Lusty Cupcake.” Hey, I’ve seen series based on a less flimsy premise. Thanks for the recipe, I’ll get the bakers in the family right on it!

6. makalani

Yes, this definately looks sinfully good! We are all going to have to repent after this one.

Visiting by way of Get your craft on Tuesday.

~Makalani
    Makaz Home

7. Emily

Ok, that is it lady you are officially off my blog radar!!!! No…not really. ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS ONE????? Once again you are prompting me to stop what I am doing and go shopping to purchase the supplies to make another sinful treat AND I even have the ice cream to do with it. (Vanilla and chocolate…still a little grainy but wonderful anyway…I might have to try the eggs…sigh) Wish me luck…baking with a 2yr old is always a challenge.

8. Danelle

I have a similar recipe that I will now refer to as the Bundt of Sin. But next time I am making it with that sinful looking frosting too.

9. Jacqueline

Yes I totally agree, this looks like a bundt of sin! I am loving the chocolate on chocolate and the super thick frosting layer. That’s what I love. I’ll take mine a little warm thank you.

10. angie

Wow now that looks delicious. Love all the great pictures and step by step instructions. Beleive me pictures do help I can read but I am not the greatest baker in the world THanks for sharing

11. lori lucas

IT looks like the perfect way to sin all weekend. Thanks.

12. Inspired2cook

I LOVE bundt cakes! And chocolate! Yumm!!!

13. Rebekah {All Thingz Related}

That cake looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

14. Rebekah {All Thingz Related}

We featured this recipe as one of Our Favorite Thingz this week! Check it out on our sidebar!

15. Kara

Visiting from CSI. I make this very same recipe, and you’re right, it is sinful!

16. April

Ok, I may just have to go to confession just for looking at the photos of that cake… and I’m not even Catholic!

visiting from CSI

17. Jill

OH. MY. GOD. Wow, that makes me feel a little fatter just looking at the pictures. I think this might be too delicious for me to make! LOL

18. Elizabeth Rine

I wish I could bake it today! My mouth is watering!