Diaper Wreath

As some of you know – I spent last week in Tennessee for the birth of

my 6th grandchild! You can go to this post if you would like to see him-

A Tennessee Love Story

While I was there, one of my daughters friends came to the hospital

to visit and brought her an adorable baby wreath that she hung on the

door to her hospital room. I looked it over and figured out how she made

it, because that is what we crafting types do! So here is my version –

I think it is both adorable and practical, the Mom can take the diapers off

and use them, and you can put anything from clothes to socks to toys on it

to accessorize it. I will show you a semi step by step of how I made it,

but I so apoligize up front for the tutorial pictures. They were taken in

the dark because I put it together after work last night –

Wire wreath – $3 at Michaels

Ribbon – $2 at Walmart

Rubber Bands – $1 at Walmart

Diapers – $8 at Walmart

Butterfly – $1 at Michaels

I bought the hat and mittens and the bibs at Ross for under $10.

So the total was about $25 – but you could do it for less if

you already had some of the supplies. The diapers are the biggest cost.

I started by putting the diapers on the wire wreath, alternating the styles/patterns.

I put rubber bands around the tops of the diapers, with the wire wreath in the middle.

I just kept alternating patterns, spacing them fairly tightly around the entire wreath.

Here is the finished picture at that stage.

Then I tied a piece of ribbon over the rubber band on each of the diapers.

Then I put a rubber band around the hat and mittens, and attached it to

one side of the wreath with a ribbon.

The bibs went on the other side, I just tied them to the wire.

The butterfly had a clip on the back, I placed it on above the bibs.

And that was it! Took me maybe 30 minutes total time.

Of course I was watching Parenthood while I made it, so I may

have been occasionally distracted – I love that show!

Here is my little photo shoot – hope you enjoyed seeing this project!

I forgot to add that I bought a clear plastic wreath hanger at Walmart too for around $2.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

1. Melissa

very cute =) the diapers she used were Target brand and had little blue and green dots on them. They are a little less expensive than Huggies.

2. admin

I should have asked you if you knew what ones she used! These were green and blue too, I guess they were probably only a couple dollars more anyway- I did like the combo of stripes and dots the Huggies had though.

3. Handy Man, Crafty Woman

What a creative idea! Love it!

4. The Lumberjack's Wife

Very cute! But what are you going to do with a diaper wreath now? 😉 Just kidding! Love it! Very useful and creative!

5. admin

Well Mrs. Smarty Pants Lumberjack’s Wife – I happen to know someone who is having a baby boy next month thankyouverymuch……!

6. Julia

This is just plain adorable. I need a pregnant friend to do this for!!! jules

7. Shelle

This is too stinkin cute! No pun intended. Adorable. I’m filing this idea away for future reference.

8. Emily

Too Cute. I think the wreath thing is a southern thing because us northerners don’t do it, but I wish we did. I like this better then the diaper cakes. Don’t tease me when it comes to cake. I want the real thing no stink’n diapers. =)

9. Lindsey

Now that is cute!! I have seen the diaper cakes – but this is something new:) Love it!

Thanks for the blog love as well – we most certainly are kindred spirits if you like books AND John Piper!

10. Lisa ~ The SweetTalk Shop

That is adorable, and since I have had to change diapers in some time, I did not realize they made diapers with patterns. My boys wore plain white. Boy how times have changed. BTW, your newest grandson is adorable too!

11. hanna

Hi there!!! I’m your newest follower from the weekend linky:) I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at http://www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

12. cathy

I love it. My daughter is having a baby shower in 2 weeks I am off to get the supplies for this. Oh yea I am a northerner.
    It will look cute in the baby’s room.
    Cathy

13. Tanya

What a fun idea!

14. Allison

adorable! Where’d you find such cute diapers? Love the butterfly too! Always love a little bling!! I made one of these for a shower and used a hanger for the wreath form. When the shower was ending, I disassembled it and had the guests write funny things ( ie. “this could get ugly” or “still loading”) on the diapers to keep the new parents smiling during diaper changes! Who knew diapers could be fun?!

15. DeniseMarie

really sweet idea! love the blingy you gave it.

16. Roeshel

First – just went back a few posts to see the adorable babies and growing-so-fast grandkids. Congratulations! They’re all soooo cute!

Next, I LOVE this idea! It’s definitely something I’m going to make the next mom-to-be I know. 😉 Thanks for sharing!

17. Haley Davis

Too cute! Thanks for sharing! I am totally going to do this for my friend’s baby shower that I am hosting.

18. Stephanie Lynn

How adorable. I can’t wait to be invited to my next baby shower to make one. What a clever and beautiful idea. I featured this today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it. Hope you enjoy your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

19. Kristen

that is such a great idea! Now only if I knew someone I could make that for!! I started a new linky on Tuesdays where I feature a tutorial and then a linky for people to link up. Come by and add any projects you want!

20. Mandy

Thanks for linking to Take a Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Craft Edition – I featured you today! –Mandy, http://www.craftedition.blogspot.com

21. Cassity @ Remodelaholic

This is such a great idea! I am late getting here from our link party but I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this on my crafting blog, Polly Want A Crafter on 11/10 @ 5:30 pm cst. I hope you get some great traffic from it!

Cassity

22. Dawn

WOW!! I love this idea!! It’s adorable and totally unique!! :o)

23. Laura Ingalls Gunn

What an adorable wreath ~ I love it!

Have a happy and blessed Labor Day!

24. Julie

Love the colors in this wreath. Planning on making one for a friends shower. Have you ever made a diaper basket? I have everything to make it, but lost on how to attach the diapers to form the basket.