Olive Garden Mostaccoli – The dish you serve after denting the car

If you want to make a dish that will impress your friends or future in-laws,

or a dish guaranteed to wow your husband and make him forget you dented the car

or even a dish likely to convince your boyfriend to take that next step and purpose..

This. is. that. dish…

Do you think I exaggerate?

Well, just give it a try and let me know..

My daughter got this recipe from a friend of hers who had

a relative that used to work at Olive Garden and stole the secret recipe

from the dwarf cousin of the bus boy’s friends accountant…

So you know it’s gotta be the real deal..

And you seriously can’t go wrong with the above ingredients..

Unless, of course, you have clotted artery problems.

Or are a heart surgeon.

If either of those things apply to you, put down the mouse and walk away.  now… please..

Baked Mostaccoli Ingredients

1 box mostaccoli

¾ cup butter

1 cup whipping cream

¼ tsp white pepper

1 ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (fresh)

2 tsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley

2 garlic cloves minced

1 jar spaghetti sauce (Ragu Robusto)

Shredded mozzarella cheese

2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced

Cook 1 box Mostaccoli according to package directions.

Drain.

Can you believe I actually captured the steam in the picture!

Cook and chop 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or breasts.

Yes, for you detail people out there,  this is less chicken then it calls for-

the chicken should be directly proportional to the size of the dent in the car –

after factoring in age and condition of said car . For instance, in this case it was

and old car and a small dent.

Or if you are going for the proposal, Chicken amount is increased

according to your age and the number of months you have been dating…

Now to make the Alfredo sauce –

Please excuse my unsightly pan..

The sauce starts, as all good things do, with butter… or, as we like to say in the North – Buttah

As you are making the Alfredo, have the spaghetti sauce heating up on the stove.

After the buttah is melted, pour in the whipping cream.. because there certainly isn’t

enough fat in the buttah..

Add some white pepper to this and let it cook over low heat

for 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.

Now add 1 1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan to the mixture,

and cook over low heat till the cheese has melted, stirring constantly.

Now you are going to mix the Alfredo with the warm spaghetti sauce to desired taste.

You may have to taste quite a bit of it to be sure…

Now stir the mixed sauce into the cooked pasta – making sure all is coated.

Now add the chicken, garlic, and chopped parsley.

I know it looks like it will overflow, but I managed to get it all in there!

Now load the top of this bad boy with fresh grated mozzarella and more parmesean.

Seriously, the key to this dish is fresh ingredients –

don’t go cheap or easy on it, and it won’t let you down.

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until

your neighbors have smelled it and casually dropped by hoping for a dinner invitation..

My entire house smells like the Olive Garden..without the waiters,

or cooks.   or dishwashers…  or even those yummy chocolate mints..

I so wish you could smell this and see it in person – the pictures don’t do it justice.

Just close your eyes and imagine the smell of cheese and garlic and butter… ahhhhhh

There you have it – the dish to end all dishes.

Certain to be a hit at every pot luck and party.

And good enough to make him forget that auto repair bill..

at least for the evening.

I’m sure that you understand that I cannot personally guarantee a proposal,

but I would have a breath mint ready just in case…

Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

Catch As Catch Can

UndertheTableandDreaming

DIY Club

1. Paula

First–I thought you were going to say you did take out Olive Garden because you dented the car.. but noooo, you went and cooked it.
    Second–this looks delicious! I want it and I want it now. I will definitely have to try it.
    Third–Did you dent the car? Recently?? and is there a story there??

admin Reply:

There may be a story there… It was a couple of years ago, and we went out to eat. He didn’t notice the dent until we were walking out of the restaurant. By then his responses were slowed down by a full stomach…

2. Jennifer L.

Oh my goodness….it looks so delicious. Pasta dishes are my favorite. I might have to make this!

3. The Lumberjack's Wife

Yum! But, the recipe is NOT from Olive Garden!! It’s from another Italian restaurant in town :)

admin Reply:

Dang! They all look alike to me:)

4. Emily

Goodness gracious I think I might faint. Will have to make this TONIGHT! Looks easy enough. Do you have any recipes for left over ham? I have a ton (almost literally) and no recipes other then ham sandwiches. Not a sandwich fan.

Caroline Reply:

Oh my gosh! Make split pea soup!!! I love it so much that I would make a ham just so that I could make the soup afterward. Best ham leftover recipe ever… especially if you make a ham broth from the bone and put chunks of the ham into the finished product.

5. Jess

See the best thing about both of you eating garlic is that no mint is required since you both have garlic breath. This looks awesome and I will be adding it to my next meal rotation.
    Thanks

6. Lydia

I’ll be making this soon! Looks DIVINE!!!! Thanks for sharing!! I’m here from Repurposed Life’s Catch as Catch Can!

7. Kelly@imperfect homemaking

This looks soooo good! I am seriously considering abandoning my meal plan and making this tonight!

8. lucy

i bookmarked this one….sounds super yummy!

9. Andrea

sold! you had me at buttah! LOL

10. Andrea

sold! you had me at buttah! LOL

11. Jenn

ohmygoodness, butter AND cream! Ha! Well maybe if I don’t eat in the preceding 24 hours to making this I can justify it! But damn it looks tasty…

Here from tidymom, have a great weekend!

12. Jenny @ Simcoe Street

This looks amazing — I worry I’d regret the butter and cream a little too much to enjoy it fully, but it does look great!

13. Andrea

Okay, it’s in the oven RIGHT now. I will let you know how it comes out! I’m have my dough rising for fresh bread to go with it too!

14. Andrea

It was wonderful! My husband was drooling & falling over himself for 2nds!

15. Sarah

I could have used this last spring. That whole dented the car thing. Love it when recipes have such names. I posted “bad day better” cookies this week!

16. Rebekah

Seriously….I’m STARVING!!! Making this TONIGHT!! Thank you so much!

17. Tammi

Looking for a recipe for 100+ people and I tried this and another on my family tonight. This was the winner! Now to figure out how much I need to feed 100! I did do it with ground beef instead of chicken. Thanks!!

18. Nicki Halin

Looks like this Sunday’s dinner! Thanks!

19. jenni

omg just finished eating this for dinner, it was so delish!!!!! thanks for a great recipe!!!

20. Julie Tiemeyer

Thank you so much for this recipe. My whole family loved it, even my very picky 6 year old asked for seconds!!! That never happens.

21. Kim

Looks great. I need this for about 35 people. How many does this serve?

22. Amy

what size spaghetti sauce?

23. Sunshine's mom

Looks so good! I WILL buy the ingredients tomorrow. By any small chance, do you happen to LOVE Longaberger products?