Mini Coffee Filter Wreath

About a year and a half ago I made my first Coffee Filter Wreath with brown filters.

To this day it is still the most visited post I have ever done.

And I can see why it is so appealing – it has a great look, and an inexpensive price tag.

And, it is so easy to create! I promise you can make one, even if you are a novice crafter.

I did a post at the beginning of this week showing my Vintage Window Makeover.

When I had finished it, I still felt as though it lacked something. That is when

I came up with the idea to make a mini wreath to hang in front of it.

It was the perfect finishing touch! And it literally took minutes to create.

Here are the supplies you will need-

I pulled out a small styrofoam wreath I won as part of a prize package from Styrofoamcrafts.com

The brown coffee filters were purchased at a local grocery store in the coffee aisle.

Then all you need is a glue gun and glue sticks!

(Please excuse the dry wrinkly hand – I have no idea who it belongs to…)

Start by gathering up the top of one filter into a cone shape.

Cut the tip of the filter off.

Then, using your old lady monkey hands, gather the cut end together and place a dollop of hot glue on it.

Place piece on inner portion of wreath.

Continue this process, starting new rows further out on wreath, until you have covered the entire front.

I did not finish the back because, as we all know, I am a lazy crafter…

And I knew the back was not going to show with the placement I was using on the window.

This was my first time making one of these with glue – the one I made originally used pins.

I also finished off the back on the first one so that I would have the option of showing both sides.

You can find that tutorial here:

Coffee Wreath

Please bear in mind that I was a fairly new blogger when I wrote that tutorial..

Overlook the quality of both the writing and the photography:)))

When I finished the mini-wreathI felt as though it still needed something,

I gave the tips a quick spray with Krylon white spray paint, just to add some dimension

and then I added a flower from a bunch that I had  purchased at Michaels to go in my new Dough Bowl,

I am not sure what they are made of, I purchased them back in the dried flower

section and it was $6.99 for the bunch of 6.

I loved the addition of the flower and the paint ! What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by, if you happen to make one of these please share a picture with me!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Todays Creative Blog

The Shabby Nest

UndertheTableandDreaming

1. Carolyn

Love the window and the wreath. I have an old window(that need some sanding) hanging above shmantel ( shelf/mantel). I think it needs a coffee filter wreath. I also love your weekly “Not Your G’Ma’s Wardrobe” post.

2. Debbie S

Still working on my new “old” window that I got at our big box hardware store for $12. If I can figure out how to do it I’ll post pics on your Facebook page, since I don’t have a blog. I think it’s gonna look cute on my mantel!! I finally found brown coffee filters so I’m gonna make a wreath as well!

3. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions

I will have to try this, Sharyl! I like the idea of doing a smaller one, especially for a first go.

4. Anne

Love your wreath & the tute – thx so much!!

5. Erin{LavenderandLemonDrops}

LOVE your coffee filter wreath! I’m going to have to try this soon. I’m also in love with your awesome dough bowl. I’ve been drooling over those for awhile now but haven’t brought myself to paying the price for one yet 😉

6. Tonya Diehl

I love it!! I’ve been thinking about making a mini version of this for awhile, now I know just how cute its going to be!! Thanks for sharing!

7. Katalina Jewelry

What a cute idea! The wreath is beautiful!

8. Donna

I adore your mini wreath, and the flowers are the perfect addition! Thanks for the great tutorial, I have to try this for sure!

9. crystal lee

im going to use white and gets some single pointsettia flowers and put a couple on it for Xmas and maybe some silver or gold spray glitter. Awsome.

10. Courtney

Completely love this charming little wreath and your vignette is gorgeous too!! Following you along!

11. Stephanie Stimson

Sharyl, do you cut the tip off the coffee filter for the entire wreath or just that first layer? I made a mini last year using the white filters but I’m going to get me some brown. 😉 Great job as always!

I cut the ends off all of the filters in the wreath- and I want to make a white one too! You should send me a picture of yours!

12. Liberty

Oh My…. How LOVELY!! I have heard of coffee filter wreathes but haven’t actually seen one until now. I get it finally!! I can’t wait to make one of these… elegant and simple.

Thanks so much!

Liberty

13. Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking

Oh this is just adorable!! Really this is such a great idea. We use the brown coffee filters so I think I might have to try this real soon!!

14. Bonny

Uber sweet & looks very easy to make. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!!!

15. Samantha

Visiting from Home Stories A to Z- I love this project. I made a big white coffee filter wreath last year. This year I am trying your project- so pretty!
    :) crafty texas girls

16. Maria

This is so pretty! I love how full the wreath looks and the flowers are a nice little detail!

17. Jenny@Simcoe Street

I absolutely adore this! I just pinned it!

Your blog is lovely.

Jenny

18. Karen

Wow, that looks fantastic. I just happen to have a wreath and a packet of Brown Coffee Filters here in my craft (crap) closet. I have probably had them for two years now, with the intention of someday figuring this out. Thank you so much for posting this! Love that window with the maps behind it too. So going to make this now. BTW, how did you get a picture of my hands?

19. Linda Greiss

I love your coffee filters wreaths!!!!!!!!! They are superbly gorgeous!

20. kim/nannykim

Rats, for some reason the pictures are not showing on this post!

21. kim/nannykim

oh, good, thanks, yes the pictures are now working!

22. Lisa

LOVE! I’m painting my front door black and have been waiting to find the perfect wreath for it! This will really pop! Just wondering though if it will be ok outside (it’s under a big covered porch). Think a clear spray lacquer would protect it?

23. brenda

I can see why this is so popular! It’s the sweetest and simplest wreath I’ve seen lately! Thanks so much for sharing!

24. Sam

I am so glad I ran across this blog. The info/crafts are so much fun and you’re a hoot!

25. Tammy

Now this would be perfect for the new Dresser turned into coffee station we just did! Thanks for the tutorial!

26. karen@somewhatquirky

Love the mini wreath. don’t really like the large ones but the mini is adorable! I think that is my dry wrinkled hand in the picture – would love to know how you photoshoped out my big age spot at the base of my thumb….. I’m a new follower!

27. Brenda

I was thinking instead of gluing the filters couldn’t I take a screwdriver and just push them in styrofoam ?

28. Lisha Belliveau

Your newest follower…I love your wreath, actually I love your whole Blog!! Very inspirational!! I am very new at blogging and love finding awesome ones to try to aspire to be one day! Thanks!