Diy Flower Balls

I am finally bringing you the tutorial I promised back at the beginning of December.

Having surgery the week before Christmas kind of put the halt to all of my planned activities!

But – I am on the mend and doing well now. Ready to jump back into things in 2012!

This idea was posted, where else, on Pinterest!

There was no tutorial with it, but I thought

I could figure it out myself..

I made them for my Christmas Mantel.

But I love them so much I plan to keep them out year round.

You can use any color of flower for them, so they will fit in with any decor.

It would be fun to experiment with different styles of flowers too-

I settled on hydrangeas. And I chose the brown and cream

to go with my burlap christmas theme.

These are incredibly simple to make. A little bit time consuming, but just put on a movie and go!

I started with styrofoam balls that I had recieved in a prize package from

Styrofoamcrafts.com. I had two different sizes.

I cut all of the blossoms off of the silk flowers.

I put a bead of hot glue on the back of one of the petals.

Then press the petal onto the ball.

Repeat this step until you can no longer see the styrofoam 😉

Pretty tough huh?

I put some on candle holders and some in pails.

Right now most craft places are closing out of their holiday silk flowers.

Michaels has all of them 70% off right now.

I went there on friday and found some in this blue color.

I plan on making some more balls with these and putting them in my dough bowl.

This is such a simple project, and they are so pretty!

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, and hope it has inspired you to make some yourself!

I am looking forward to a new year of fun projects in 2012!

Did you see my best of 2011 post?

Top Ten Diy Projects Of 2011

Happy New Year!

Todays Creative Blog

The Pinterest Challenge

Home Stories A2Z
DIY Club

1. Carol-Anne

Wishing you a fabulous 2012 and a speedy, complete recovery!

2. Pam @ diy Design Fanatic

Your flower balls are really pretty! Happy and healthy 2012!

3. Trish and Bonnie

These are beautiful! Your mantel turned out fabulous with them! thank you for a wonderful tutorial!

4. Vicky

So pretty! I am stumbling this post. I am a new follower visiting from Today’s Creative Blog. Vicky from Mess For Less

5. katie goldsworthy

I love these! I opened your link and realized that I’d seen these becuase I have your blog on my side bar!
    I’d love for you to link them up, I’m hosting a linky party now.
    –Katie
    Creatively Living

6. Lora

What a great (and simple) idea! I can see these on my mantle… it would look perfect!

Thanks for the post (via Home Stories A2Z)

Lora

7. Rebecca Smith

So cute. I’ve seen some people use a pin with a cute and matching ball on the end (you know – like the ones people use to pin material while sewing). Then you just stick that pin through the flower and into the ball. You can still see the little ball which just adds to the decoration (espeically if you can find pearl-like ones!)

And thanks for linking up to the http://www.pinterestchallenge.com!

Rebecca

8. Suzanne

These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing and glad to hear that you are on the mend.

9. Jill

This is fantastic! I just entered a pinterest project too, but instead of decreasing my list I keep finding fantastic stuff like this that I want to add! lol Thanks for sharing.

10. Roeshel

They’re so pretty! Great tutorial too! :)