Lemon Blueberry Bread

July 22, 2012 39 Comments by Sharyl@Thelittlebrownhouse

I need to say right off the bat that this is not a post.

Because I stopped blogging last May, remember?

(My goodbye post)

So this couldn’t possibly be a post.. I am looking at it more

as an extended Facebook status..

The reason I am… ummmm…. status-ing is because

1)  I wanted to tell you about this great recipe
2) I miss blogging so much it feels like a piece of me is broken.

I miss writing about my life

I miss taking pretty pictures to share

I miss hearing from all of you

Right now all of that is kind of circling around in my head.

I have not yet figured out what to do about it..

Back to the recipe-

One of the things that makes this bread extra good,

aside from the magical combination of lemon and blueberries,

is the addition of greek yogurt to the recipe.

It is super moist, and possibly even better for us because of it.

(At least that is the reason I use for eating so much of it..)

After baking you poke holes in the loaf and pour a sugared lemon

sauce over it, then frost it with a lemon glaze..

All of which offsets the ‘goodness’ factor of the greek yogurt ;-)

If you would like to try it yourself, you can find the recipe here -

Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf

I hope you enjoy it -

I hope you are all having a fabulous summer -

Mine has been great – lots of family and friends relationship time, which is what I needed.

I have been discovering things about myself too- here are my top 10 discoveries..

1) Losing weight is hard.

2) Just wishing you weighed less does not actually produce weight loss.

3) Tennessee is hot.

4) My kids live in Tennessee so I don’t care how hot it is.

5) I no longer care about people seeing my bunions when I wear flip flops.

6) I must remember not to call my flip flops thongs..

7) Full body scans and pat downs at airports will always be a part of my traveling experience.

8) I like to buy things..

9) I have several body parts that are now lower than they used to be.

10) The fact that I will have 3 less wrinkles when I am 96 no longer

makes up for the fact that I cannot be out in the sun without getting lobster skin……

Thanks so much for making it to the end of my Facebook status…. luv ya…

1. Lisa ~ The SweetTalk Shop

I’ve heard of so many bloggers taking a break, myself included. Mine is more, I will post when the urge hits me. You could try for once a month or twice a month or once a week. Do the posts all in one day and schedule them to post when you want. Then you are still blogging just not everyday or as often as you were. Just a thought. Offer still stands to send you my address. LOL No really I am pinning to try it for myself. Thanks for sharing!!!!

2. Robin

I very much miss your sweet blog. Please just drop in as often as you can work it out. You remain in my google reader..and I was very glad to see you back!

3. Linda @ nothingbutblueskyes

I love it when you “don’t blog” LOL. I realize you had to stop for your own reasons, but if you are wrestling with your decision, I hope you might be able to find a resolution. I, for one, feel my life was made a lot better by reading about yours. (And I still miss those Wednesday posts!)

4. Carol-Anne (Use The Good Dishes!)

Oh how happy I am to see you ‘updating your status’! I’m missed you terribly!

5. Barb

I agree with Lisa. I too felt you made my life richer by sharing yours. Yours was the first blog I ever read and miss it still.

So glad to see a post, I mean status update, in my reader! The bread looks yummy, however I have given up grains and sugar and feel sooo much better I’ll never go back! Looks tempting tho….
    Have agreat summer!

7. Sharyl@Thelittlebrownhouse

I have tears running down my face as I read these comments – your sweet words are so encouraging – thank you!

8. Roxanna

Your followers miss you terribly. I still you have you on Google Reader just in case you ever come back to share with us. I always looked forward to your humor which always made be giggle and laugh out loud. Best wishes.

9. Pamela

You are missed! Come back when you can.

10. Cindy

So glad to hear from you! Going to try the bread.

11. Stacey

I was so excited to see your post on my Google reader! I have missed you & your posts! I can’t wait to try this recipe…it looks so yummy;) hang in there & do what works for you…I truly believe your readers will stick with you!

12. Tina

I don’t normally post comments but I felt like I needed to tell you how much I truly miss your blog posts!

I miss your humor, and the fact that you are a fellow Idahoan is just icing on the cake.

I know you had reasons for not blogging anymore, but just know you are missed tons!

13. Melissa @ A Time for Everything

It’s quite possible that I squealed when I saw The Little Brown House in my Google Reader! I have missed you so. And I’m even your Facebook friend x2, so what does that tell you?

I agree that this is a delicious recipe. I made it with huckleberries. Mmmm…

I love that WordPress turned #8 into the smiley with sunglasses. Quite appropriate.

14. Becki Foster

Posting? You are simply sharing a recipe with friends!!! So good to hear from you – I miss your Wednesday pix!

15. Nancy

What Tina said!! Except the Idaho part. Missed you.
    God Bless

16. Deborah

Hi Sharyl! So so nice to see your sweet status and of course, the recipe. Looks yummy, and I am definitely going to be baking this one soon. I miss you, but keep on living your life with family and friends…..still here when you want to say hi back. Deb

17. Jill C.

Well count me as one of the many who have really missed your humor and unique take on the everyday things we all deal with. Do what works for you but know that you are missed and even very sporadic posts are enjoyed!

18. Melody

I miss your blogging and your outfits.

19. Cindy from Central Texas

I was so glad to see your post pop up in my email! I’ve missed reading your blog so much. This recipe sounds yummy!

20. Pam

I REALLY miss you but thankful that you are doing well. Come “visit” us again when you can!

21. suzie

so nice to read a post from you Sharyl, have missed you tons, especially your wardrobe posts, cause I too am a G-ma who doesnt like to dress like one! Will be happy to hear from you whenever you feel you can, glad you are having a joyful summer!

22. Diane | An Extraordinary Day

I was so excited to see Little Brown House show up in my inbox!!! Woot Woot!! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wondered how you were and what you were up to. And frankly…FB stinks these days…how many times do we NOT see status updates. :-/
    The recipe looks wonderful, I may even have pinned it sometime ago on Pinterest when it was NOT blueberry season. Now I’m just going to have to make it.
    And am I seeing things…or did you do a little blog polishing? Because it’s looking really good.
    Wishing you Extraordinary Blessings!

23. Barbara

Missed you bunches!!!

24. Wendy Hall

Oh, my gosh I have missed your blog! I loved seeing what you were wearing. It encouraged me to buy and YES wear boots!! They were mighty cute on me if I do say so! :) I understand needing a break. Glad to see the occasional post. :)

25. Taylor

This was one tasty looking Facebook.status ;)

Oh how I’ve missed your posts! So glad to get a little taste in the form of an extended status update. Also glad to hear that you are doing well and that taking your blogging break was the best idea for you. And if the next post you do isn’t for another couple of months, then I’ll be just as happy to read that one as well!

The bread looks delicious! My hubby loves lemon and blueberry, so he may be getting a special treat soon.

27. Lisa@budgetdesigngirl.blogspot.com

I think I may have squealed a little bit when I saw your “status update” pop up on my email!! I have missed your “updates” so much! Your humor and sweet spirit put a smile on my face every time I read what your thoughts and musings.

I have a few of my own…

1.) That recipe looks amazing, I am going to try it out on my company this week!

2.) I agree with you about the weight loss, wrinkles, body scans at airports,and “flip-flops.” (*Side note on flip flops…) I now call them “go-aheads”, thanks to my hubby. He says that it’s much harder to go backward in them, therefore he calls them “go aheads”.

3.) I think if you miss blogging so much, and you are emotional when reading comments from your loyal followers, then maybe that is a sign of some kind…just a thought. No pressure.

4.) I think we are ALL ok if you want to just continue to not blog, but “status update” whenever the mood strikes. :-)

I hope you are doing well, and finding ways to stay cool. My family lives in Nashville. It’s been a brutal summer there for sure!

So, I am off to make sure that I have the ingredients for that yummy looking bread!
    xoxo
    -L.

28. Lisa@budgetdesigngirl.blogspot.com

I should proof read before hitting submit. There is an unnecessary “what” in that first paragraph. ;-P Oops.

xo-Lisa

29. Ada

Squeeeeeal. I thought I was mistaken when I saw your blog on top of my list.
    I’m glad I wasn’t.
    Hooray!!

The bread looks wonderful. I will need to try it soon.

30. Linda

I missed you too. Thanks for the status update and I’m going to try that bread. :)

31. Angela @ Cottage Magpie

You know we miss you, too. But you can blog without Blogging, too, you know? Just when you feel like it, to connect with us out here in the ether. No pressure. No deadlines. No stats. No rules. Just an expression of what’s on your mind when you feel like it. We’d all love that. We don’t care if you’re blogging “the rules” or not, we just love you.

xoxo,

~Angela~

32. MaryKate

See how many of us turnout for an occasional post? Maybe that will help take away some of the pressure to post so frequently. You clearly do not need to post as often to keep your readership up, your blog is so delightful we are happy to have even just an occasional howdy from you. I am hoping that your next visit features a photo montage of all the fabulous thrifty new clothing pieces you have purchased while on your mini break (call me an optimist!!) Miss ya! Hope the hubster found a job!

33. Janice

Don’t ask me why but today I decided to see if you had posted something. I have missed you. Welcome back. That is if you are back and if you’re not, well it will be our loss.

34. Josie

You have been MISSED!!! :)
    (The recipe looks wonderful!!)

35. Jan

So glad to see a post from you!

36. Lynne

I was so excited to see you had a new post! I kept you on my blog roll just in case you ever decided you had something to share;-)! So glad that bread recipe was something you just had to let us all know about! I’ve missed you so much. I could always count on you for an up tick in my day!
    1. I keep losing weight, but it keeps finding me!
    2. Lots of my body parts hang much lower, and zippers have become a hazard!
    3. It’s hotttt here in Kansas and we haven’t had any rain. We are setting records of 100 degree days! Some days I don’t even go outside to ge the mail!
    4. My son left for boot camp 6 days ago, so I will brave the heat to go to the mailbox in hopes of seeing a letter from him.
    5. Some days I just really wish I could meet all my blog friends!( my husband refers to them as my make believe friends!)
    6. I think about you often- does that make me your stalker?

37. Sharyl

Hi Sharyl! I have also missed your blog….I am all about following the leading of the Lord, too. My Mom taught me to make all my decisions by the peace I feel, in other words to follow peace. Am wondering if you may have “thrown the baby out with the bath water possibly?” The baby being..your blog? Just some thoughts…really I miss your blog and respect your decision no matter what you decide. Sincerely Karen

38. Rupa

I am so thrilled to see a post. I don’t have google reader or any such thing but I just remembered your funny posts from the past and decided to check it out. Please post whenever you feel like it and your loyal readers will be waiting :)

39. Steph Stimson

Sharyl, so good to see you post. :) Miss reading your witty posts…just miss you! :) My laptop died on me a while back so now I’m trying to remember all of the blogs I followed with my new gadget…yours is at the top of the list. We love ya girl!