Lemon Blueberry Bread
I need to say right off the bat that this is not a post.
Because I stopped blogging last May, remember?
So this couldn’t possibly be a post.. I am looking at it more
as an extended Facebook status..
The reason I am… ummmm…. status-ing is because
1) I wanted to tell you about this great recipe
2) I miss blogging so much it feels like a piece of me is broken.
I miss writing about my life
I miss taking pretty pictures to share
I miss hearing from all of you
Right now all of that is kind of circling around in my head.
I have not yet figured out what to do about it..
Back to the recipe-
One of the things that makes this bread extra good,
aside from the magical combination of lemon and blueberries,
is the addition of greek yogurt to the recipe.
It is super moist, and possibly even better for us because of it.
(At least that is the reason I use for eating so much of it..)
After baking you poke holes in the loaf and pour a sugared lemon
sauce over it, then frost it with a lemon glaze..
All of which offsets the ‘goodness’ factor of the greek yogurt
If you would like to try it yourself, you can find the recipe here -
I hope you enjoy it -
I hope you are all having a fabulous summer -
Mine has been great – lots of family and friends relationship time, which is what I needed.
I have been discovering things about myself too- here are my top 10 discoveries..
1) Losing weight is hard.
2) Just wishing you weighed less does not actually produce weight loss.
3) Tennessee is hot.
4) My kids live in Tennessee so I don’t care how hot it is.
5) I no longer care about people seeing my bunions when I wear flip flops.
6) I must remember not to call my flip flops thongs..
7) Full body scans and pat downs at airports will always be a part of my traveling experience.
I like to buy things..
9) I have several body parts that are now lower than they used to be.
10) The fact that I will have 3 less wrinkles when I am 96 no longer
makes up for the fact that I cannot be out in the sun without getting lobster skin……
Thanks so much for making it to the end of my Facebook status…. luv ya…