Not Your G-Ma’s Wardrobe

August 14, 2012 20 Comments by Sharyl@Thelittlebrownhouse

You missed these soulful pictures of me gazing at nothing while pushing the

little camera remote in my hand didn’t you….. ;-)

I knew it!

So I thought I would pop in for another extended facebook status..

Just because I miss you guys.. so much!

I thought you might enjoy some Not Your G-Ma’s Wardrobe shots this week.

This is what I wore this Sunday.

I don’t always wear a dress on Sunday anymore – although growing up I

wore a dress to church without fail. Because I was a good little girl. ;-)

Now I am a big girl, and I know that what you wear isn’t who you are..

Wow – I should put that on a pillow huh!!

Enough deep thoughts for this post…

Yes, those are plain white flip flops I am wearing.

Bunions and all.. (I am being quite rebellious)

I got this dress at TJ Maxx a couple of years ago, and I love it.

I believe it was all of $15.

The sweater was $10 from Ross.

But the exciting thing I want to point out about this look

is the fact that my legs do not have their usual.. what should I call it..

Mind blowing zombie-like glaring whiteness – ess

It  remains true that my skin still cannot abide the sun.

And, in an oh-so-funny twist of fate, I break out in hives from self-tanners.

And yet my normally alabaster limbs have an almost human tone in these pictures..

It is because of a discovery I have made that I am most excited about.

It is called Air Silk.

That’s right.. they call it spray on hosiery.

Yes, I have reached a whole new low of vanity..

I admit that freely, and am learning to accept it.

In the meantime, air traffic controllers no longer have to name my

legs as a potential glare hazard to their pilots..

So there you go..or as the new online lingo goes..

YOLO..

I am so cool and savvy it is almost painful..

Look at me and my wild spray on legs..

Next week I am trying out a set of spray on abs..

And you know the rub-on tattoo’s can’t be far behind ;-)

Love you guys – I am taking this blogging thing slowly and

one week at a time.. it just keeps calling to me..

pleated poppy

1. pat

So glad to see your not your grandma’s wardrobe again…..missed you so much.

2. Becki Foster

Nice surprise when I checked my Facebook to see your post! You look great in those colors and I need to check out the spray on tan! It was too hot to be in the sun here!

3. Carol-Anne (Use The Good Dishes!)

So happy you’re back (ish)!

4. Brenda

So glad that you are back! I thought something was wrong with my reader when I saw you in the feed – lol. What a nice surprise!
    Brenda

5. Sherry

So glad to see you back!!!! Last Fall I hunted and hunted til I found a pair of black boots with a red zipper like yours! Still my favorite!!!

6. Linda@nothingbutblueskyes

OMG – what a treat to find you. I’ve missed these Wednesday updates the most!

7. Diane | An Extraordinary Day

Haha! Glad to see nonglaring legs you again! Though I must confess I don’t usually care what you wear (not that it isn’t cute-it is)….I just like YOU!!!

8. Melody

I love to see what you wear because we are the same age. Love the dress and the spray on legs. I have got to start shopping more. Take care

9. Tallulah Eulallie

Girl, you OWN that aqua-turquoise color! Everyone else sit down; Sharyl’s got this one ;)

I so love and appreciate everyone’s comments, but yours in particular just cracks me up!! Oh how I want to put it up on my mirror so I can just start every day with that attitude!!

10. Nancy

So glad to receive this today! You look great in the outfit and so relaxed. Taking time off just seems to agree with you.

Until next time,
    Diane

11. Josie

Made my day to see this post!!! You look absolutely beautiful!

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful smile with all of us who have missed you!

12. suzie

so happy to see you this wednesday. beautiful outfit! that is your color for sure! I wonder if there is a spray-on body shaper, lol, I could use one!

13. Brandi

Oh it’s so good to see you, that color is really nice on you :) faux tan and all, your hair looks great too!
    I was locked out of facebook so can’t add you.

I almost cried when I saw this post. I’ve missed your wardrobe posts so, so much! You look beautiful as always. Love that dress on you (and maybe on me if I can find one!). I’ve never heard of spray on hosiery, but may have to give it a shot during the long winter months of ghostly white skin. Thanks again for being my trailblazer! And thanks even more for coming back to your blog. I haven’t give up on you yet! Take it as slow as you need to. We’ll be here.

15. Barbara

G-Ma’s rocking!! So very much miss you but you gotta do what you gotta do. Do know that you are greatly missed.

16. Janice

I was so happy when I saw your post. I’ve always looked forward to seeing what cute outfits you would wear each week. Even more than the outfits I like hearing about you and your honesty about not being perfect. I will patiently wait until you feel the call to post again. It’s kinda like ice cream, if you have ice cream everyday it’s not special.

17. Pam

Thanks for popping in and sharing your outfit and humor. You can always put a smile on my face. Take your time in coming back because when you do, we want you full time! Hope all is well with you. With warmest regards, Pam

18. Rupa

Great to see your post again! You do have a sense of humor G-ma (although I still have a hard time believing you are a G-ma!). Love that aqua outfit, great color on you. Tallulah Eulallie definitely said it best. What/where is Ross please? Online perhaps? Do share if you don’t mind :)

19. Deborah E.

so glad you are back……….I have missed you and your sense of humor.