Not Your G-Ma’s Wardrobe..

November 20, 2012 14 Comments by Sharyl@Thelittlebrownhouse

It’s been awhile since I have done a wardrobe post..

I don’t know if you notice a difference, but I can say I have been

through a real growing time lately.. might be hard to spot.. kinda subtle.

Seriously though -

The Scarf..

Too much? I kind of like it but am a little unsure about the size.

Size does matter…you know.

Does it look like it is getting ready to eat my head?

Because it kind of feels that way.

The thing I do like about it though is the way it hides the

slight turkey neck I am beginning to acquire.. true story ;-)

So here I am, striking a casual pose.

I often stand around the house like this – it just feels so, I don’t know, natural..

I am off work this week – and working on redecorating the entire

house, baking ahead 3 months worth of meals, and writing a short novel..

Right after I took this shot I replaced the roof and dug up the septic tank..

Before lunch too..

I probably should have waited on the septic tank till after lunch..

Seriously though – I had been painting.

Because I am one of those idiots that starts painting without

changing into work clothes, and then gets paint on her nice clothes.

You can see in the picture that there is a wet spot on my tummy.

I am sure you thought it was probably just drool.. but no – it was paint.

I washed it off and still didn’t change clothes.

So maybe the drooling does make sense after all…

Those 4 or 5 of you that have followed my blog since the beginning

may recognize these jeans. They are the best jeans in the entire world.

Maybe even the universe..

I bought them 2 or 3 years ago at TJMaxx for $24

They are my faves..the brand name is ZCO

On a different note, I mentioned my turkey neck above, and

now I notice that there seems to be a little bit of stuffing

in my sweater around the midriff area.

I am on my way to building an entire Thanksgiving dinner

with my body. I refuse to even think about the Yams right now…

Come to think of it, my legs look a little bit like green beans..

Holy Cow what is going on here??!!!

1. Carol-Anne (Use The Good Dishes!)

Sooooo happy when I see you’ve done a new post! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2. El

I like your casual around the house pose. I really like your cow. I know if I had a cow picture, I too could strike casual poses. Maybe I need to go outside and draw our cows. The scarf isn’t too much. It’s just right, it’s all about awesome coziness.

3. Christina @ Christina's Adventures

HA! So glad to see you back with your favorite jeans ever…and working towards building a beautiful turkey ;) seriously – you look great though!!! :)

4. Barbara

You wear the scarf well and no it’s not to much. I still drool over your side table. Thanks for the post and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

5. Joy

Really enjoyed your post… as usual. They always make me smile. :-) Happy Thanksgiving!!

6. Patricia k.

I am also so excited when I see you have done a post..I love the scarf!! Be sure to let us see what you have painted…and you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

7. Josie

You post always brighten my day!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

8. Kathleen

Love the infinity scarf…you look so adorable!

9. Linda @ it all started with paint

Who are you kidding? You look absolutely fabulous!

Wishing you and your family a fabulous Thanksgiving! Turkey neck, string bean legs, stuffed belly, and wherever those yams land …

Linda

Happy Thanksgiving! (And you look fabulous)

11. Carolyn

Thanks for the Thanksgiving Eve chuckle — and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

12. Melissa @ A Time for Everything

Hahaha… you’re the best!

My hubby likes to strike a post he once saw in a clothing ad (JCPenney, maybe?) where a guy looked like he was about to catch football. An invisible one, of course. He doesn’t ham it up at all.

13. Melissa @ A Time for Everything

Um, that would be a “pose.” Dumb fingers.

14. Steph

You look mahvelous, dahling! Good to see you again…the hair is getting long and lucious! :) (I have scarf issues as well…doesn’t help that not only do I have a non-existent neck but I do not know how to tie one AT ALL).