Something Old, And Something New

I have made a few changes around my house over the last few months.

There is something about coming out of winter that makes me long for a change..

You know – Just to freshen things up..

But……  change usually means money.

(seriously.. no pun intended..)

It has not been a good year for money for our household.. My husband has spent the year developing

his own plumbing business, and being self employed often means you don’t know

how much, or even when, the next check might come in.

So – I made myself a little deal. If I want something new, I need to sell something old.

This dealio happens to fit in well with my determination to try to downsize or ‘de-crapify’ my stuff..

I recently decided I really, really, really, really. Wanted a sectional. Bad..

Really..

Soooo – I sold a bar height table and chairs that I had at my office at work and wasn’t using anymore.

That gave me $200 to spend. Sweet!

I decided I wanted one of the smaller sectionals like I have seen at Ikea.

I began stalking Craigslist..

I found that the cute little sectionals I liked alot were way out of my price range.

While the ones in my price range were hideous..

Hid… E… Ous..

Not just ugly- most of them looked really dirty too.

I swear I could actually smell them through cyber space.

Ewwwww…

Then one day my iPad signaled there was a new item that met my search requirements.

I took one look and decided I wanted it! It was only on Craigslist for a few minutes

before I asked if I could come and look at it – I was on that puppy like white on rice..

We went and bought it the same day. It was a tad bit bigger than what

I was looking for…but at $200 – the price, color, and condition of it won out.

It seriously just settled into this room like a glove..

And our whole family nestled right into it like happy couch potatoes..

Awwwww…………….

After we steam cleaned it…;-)

It’s not new..it’s a little rumpled.

It has a ding here and there.

But so do we… and so do most of our furnishings..

Because.. surprisingly..we actually live in our house 😉

Not a bad exchange..

We gave up something we no longer needed or had room for-

And added something that suits our family and gets used daily..

With no money out of pocket.. no credit card..no guilt..

That is worth quite a bit I would say 😉

So – what do you think of it?

1. Carol-Anne

I LOVE it! What a great idea & a good way of executing it! (I miss hearing from you)

2. Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

I love that idea…glad to see you posting again!

3. Becki Foster

What a great find! It looks wonderful with the plate wall too! So good to hear from you – and I hope your husband’s business is successful.

4. suzie

love it! how nice to re-use and be thrifty! we overconsume so much in our society. love getting a post from you, i especially miss your wardrobe posts, you have such great style!

5. Deborah

Hi Sharyl! It was a nice surprise to find you in my inbox. Your new sofa looks luscious. I love to reduce, reuse, and recycle, too. Good job finding this! Ya gotta be quick on Craigslist…Deb

6. Landy

Oh my gosh, Sharyl! I was thinking about your blog just yesterday and it’s such a wonderful surprise to see your email pop up. It’s like getting a golden nugget from a stream. I just love to see what you’re up to! : )

I love it! We looked for a sectional too for our new house and the sales guy talked us into a loveseat and couch instead. Actually saved us some money too! I love craigslist. I’ve found some real treasures on there.

Take care & God Bless!

Great to see you in my Feedler toay! The sectional is fabulous, what a deal and a net $0 cost, can’t be beat.

8. SheilaG @ Plum Doodles

That is a very wise way to live. And you got a great sectional- it looks perfect in your space!

9. karen davis

Hi Sharyl, I have missed ya! I love your “new to you” sectional, and honestly hope you share more about how you are dealing with hard times, lots of us, have and it is nice to see genuinely how others get thru, and help us thru ours as well….I searched for affordable meals, I mean cheap meals thru other blogs, got mostly time saver/bulk cooking type of ideas…just had to figure it out on my own, refried beans/grilled cheese/breakfast for supper stuff. Thru it all, God has blessed me and provides for all of our needs, found He is my source, and has sent people to help as needed. What I see is that what you have now, is what we need to know, to get thru life, hope that all made sense, please pray and consider, Sincerely, Karen

10. Melesa Garrison

Sharyl, I was so glad to see you on here! I think you are so smart and thrifty. The sectional looks great in your pretty room, with those terriffic pillows and rug! I hope your husband is doing well with his new business.My husband sold his CPA firm seven yrs ago and he’s doing a little financial planning on the side, but he deperately needs to get another job. Maybe we can pray for each other??? thanks and God Bless, Melesa

11. Melissa Kaiserman {A Time for Everything}

I love it! And I love how you acquired it. I would really like a sectional for our family room (since we have to do lap sitting for family movie nights!) but have just put it out of my mind with that whole self-employment issue being our reality as well. But maybe I should follow your example!

12. Steph

Welcome back…you’ve been missed! What a great score…love CL. :) And sending out prayers to you and yours that hubs business kicks it up!

13. Audrey

So glad to see you again (online that is)! I’ve missed you. I love what you did with the plates over the “new” sectional. Your room is really looking great!

14. Lina

Wow! What a great find! Love it. And i love the rug and colors of your space..pretty.
    You were one of my first blogs I followed and I’m trying to catch up on reading now that I’m busy with a blog of my own :)

Lina

15. staci torgerson

I love saving money and getting rid of some things you don’t need any longer. I adore your aqua and white pillows so much. Did you make them?

I actually bought those pillows at Target! I waited forever for them to go on clearance and then grabbed them!

16. great healthy

I am in fact grateful to the owner of this website who has shared this
    wonderful piece of writing at here.

17. mutuelle pour dents

Discount dental plans att very low prized type of
    a couple of factors hat you need to spend on dental exams and cleanings, ensure the safety
    of his teeeth vulnerable to cardiac problem. If yoou
    figure that you’ve got? Is read it So Difficult
    to. It may cover some read cost.Instead of finding the coverage gap.

18. russell westbrook dime magazine

Of course, if you do get too frustrated at NBA Live 10,
    here are some other great Xbox 360 games that you can check out:
    . Have a player be two-arms-length distance from the shooter, toss the
    ball to the shooter, and then the shooter practices getting the shot off, with concentration, before the defender blocks the shot.
    With a database of over 15,000 the wallpaper collection is vast.

19. Loja Mix de vendas

All brands of organic food must be created under the following requirements:.
    re already using natural gas in the home this could be an opportunity to save money on the costs of operating your BBQ grill, but don.
    Many people realized the bad effects of commercial food to
    their health.

20. medicina natural para la prostata

As a facet profit your organs get a rest whenever you are doing a quick.

The supplements often will help your body to process the foods you eat more fully so that there is
    less to be left as extra pounds around your thighs or midsection. So, these are some of the most effective ingredients used in Natural Weight Loss Pills.

21. cartier watches for women

Sporting activities really have been the major inspiration for Diadora.
    Foot orthotics boxing techinque presses and then forges,
    equally, can also be frequently utilised in the jewellery processing business nowadays,
    to aid guarantee the production of a consistent, highly
    money-making merchandise. This adjusted when Alfred Cartier took about the household business in 1874.

22. מסגריה בהרצליה

We should be cautious even though picking a locksmith, as we will need a skilled
    that will be ready to securely safe our treasured items.

Here are several things you are able to do to prevent these types of situations:.
    In certain emergency situations, the availability of an expert locksmith
    in Delta BC is really helpful for the users.

23. Oren

Take into consideration renting out computer game as opposed to purchasing them.

24. lindapoletti.verganiegasco.com
    1 year ago

Cardinal Mission 2, Free Cardinal Quest 2: the video game doesn’t fool
    around, and also neither do its updates. Clash of Clans v7.65.5 Mod APK Updated Fixed Version Android Modded Video game
    apk for android mobile phone and tablet computer from Android Mobile Zone.
    You should be able to find one or two really terrific walkthroughs as
    well as have them prepared to access throughout play.

25. Jina
    1 year ago

When it comes to Supercell making Clash of Clans updates, it seems that not every one of them obtain advertised heavily
    in the beginning. Another major adjustment is involving Clash Of Clans that has millions of players
    extremely upset. Some video games have parental control choices that
    you could use to figure out the type of communication your
    child will certainly have with strangers.

26. ex machina xfinity
    1 year ago

So he and Jill plays like a good tool to have the stomach ex machina
    watch online and face is covered for 99 percent of U.
    The movie barrels out whenever prestige threatens
    to choke their rebel spirit.

27. Thurman
    1 year ago

Some ladies take it to the following degree by putting on a
    waist trainer for six to 12 hrs each day.

28. www.comicbooktherapy.com
    1 year ago

A trainer coach earns extra cash for personally instruction any person in the downline at the fee of $forty per individual qualified.
    Pack less, plan easy meals, drive less, park more, and explore
    the area. ‘DIFF being international, we need to look beyond
    Africa,’ Pimenta said at the launch.

29. nails
    1 year ago

I just like the helpful information you supply on your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again right here frequently.

I’m reasonably certain I will learn a lot of new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

30. Lorenzo
    1 year ago

I got this web page from my buddy who told me on the topic of
    this site and now this time I am browsing this web page and reading very
    informative articles or reviews at this time.

31. engine
    1 year ago

It’s truly very complex in this active life to listen news on Television, thus I only use world wide
    web for that reason, and take the most recent information.

32. Duane
    1 year ago

They consider that if they are going to buy a property on high rates.
    Take that into the grand scheme of things and the world can be a better
    place. Gold Country is one of two casinos in Oroville,
    which is located about 60 miles north of Sacramento along highway 70.

33. clash royale hack safe
    11 months ago

This online game is the most recent enhancement to the the
    list of preferred games that have actually been produced by the relatively little yet really effective gaming
    business from Finland – SuperCell.

34. Star Trek Timelines hack jan 2016
    11 months ago

Time for Star Trek timelines Hack tool!

* These characteristics empowering the gamer
    to stay anonymous while cheating Star Trek Timelines have empowered the gamer while using
    Star Trek timelines Hack tool to not root the device.
    Rather than wasting money attempting to purchase the
    game features,there’s a simple provision of downloading this game’s hack tool.
    This enables the gamer to enjoy free unlimited Dilithium and other items that are useful in the game.

Star Trek Timelines hack characteristics contains unlimited Dilithium and other resources.

This applications supports its free and Android and IOS devices from viruses
    and has an astounding interface that’s quite user friendly.
    This cheat gives the gamer all in-program
    purchases at no cost. Recall that you will not have to download
    or install anything for your computer or mobile device.

35. Leanna
    10 months ago

Fantastic blog you have here but I was wondering if you knew
    of any forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
    I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get feedback from
    other experienced people that share the same interest.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!